I am sure yer asking yerself, "What the eff is this happy horse crap all about?" Well fret none their sparky, let us clue you in...
PROJECT:DEMOLUTION! is a new feature to S.L.A.M.! Scene this year and one that we hope will open the flood gates to more music than you can see in that picture. We are opening up our ears and mail boxes to all you out there in hopes that you send us some kick ass, solid, quality tunes to peruse and play with the creme of the crop being set aside to be spun on our upcoming monthly radio podcast of the same name, coming in late spring!
So you wanna take a stab? Think your music can make the cut? Then shoot it on out to us! You can do so in one of two ways:
1) You can email us an MP3. No muss, no fuss. Send one MP3 track (preferably at 192/kb which is CD quality) clearly labeled with the band name and song title emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include in the body of the email your info:
WEBLINK TO BAND PAGE:
2) You can also do things the old fashioned way and send us a physical copy (CD or VINYL ONLY! NO CASSETTES!) along with a letter with info we listed above to:
S.L.A.M.! Scene Magazine
2461 E. Orangethorpe Ave #226
Fullerton, CA 92831
There you go, easy as pie! A few rules and suggestions for you to know and learn:
- ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE REVIEWED!- Meaning we will listen to everything we received, realize it may take a while to get to your submission. Remember there are WAAAAAAAAY more of you then there are of us!
- WHEN SENDING IN PHYSICAL COPIES BE SURE TO INCLUDE A LETTER WITH THE INFO WE NEED!- We think that one is pretty self explanitory.
- YES, BURNED CDs ARE ACCEPTABLE! - Just remember, if you are sending us a burned disc, just be sure to label it with the band name, song title and either an email address or phone number. You don't know how many times we get unlabeled CDs with music sent to us or the disc gets separated from the original package!
- YES, ALL GENRES OF MUSIC ARE WELCOME!- We like all kinds of music here at S.L.A.M.! Scene, so if you're not sure if your death poka electro folk band will make the cut, send it on in and let us be the judge.
- DO NOT CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU!- In other words, don't harrass us to find out if we got your email or package. If you want to know if we got it, either send a return receipt with your initial email or if yer using snail mail, pop for the extra .65 and get a delivery confirmation!
- JUST BECAUSE YOU SUBMITTED, DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET PLAYED!- We will listen to everything we get and we will hand pick everything we play on the show. If you get selected, we will contact you (hence us asking for your info) so you know when you will be on.
- "WE NEVER HEARD BACK FROM US ON YOUR SUBMISSION, DOES THAT MEAN WE SUCK?"- "Yah, hang it up kid." Just kidding. Just because it's taking a while to hear from us doesn't mean yer dead in the water, might just be that there are a ton of bands in front of you, so don't give up. If you don't make the cut we will drop you a line at some point and let you know.
- DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY!- This is called PROJECT:DEMOLUTION, not PROJECT: FLUFFY MUSIC KITTY HUG! If you don't get picked and don't make the cut, don't take it personal. We are going to be brutally honest and tough to really find the best of the best out of the submissions we receive.
So that about covers it, you got the lowdown and then some and you been warned, that the job was dangerous before yah took it! So have it at, send us your best, your worst, your mediocre but really we wanna hear what YOU got! Rememeber, THIS DEMOLUTION WILL BE PODCAST! GOOD LUCK!